Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hair Gel

My quest to eliminate unhealthy personal products from my home continues.  I found a healthy alternative to my hair gel.  In addition to being environmentally friendly, it is cheap and easy to make.

Hair Gel recipe:

Unflavored (Vegan) Gelatin
Water

I only used half the dry gelatin (and stored the other half for later use).
Half the water called for according to the package would have been 1 cup but I used one and a half cups to keep the gelatin from solidifying too much.

I keep some in a plastic container in the bathroom.  The excess is in additional containers in my refrigerator.

After showering, I take a small amount of gelatin in my hand and let it liquify.

I work it into my hair and style as normal.  

It provides a firm hold and works great.

I did not add a scent though I am sure that would be possible.

1 comment:

AcevedoPhoto said...

Please note - since this gel is made from a perishable product, it must be refrigerated.

My first batch grew mold because I left it out in the bathroom.

I suggest scaling back the recipe to avoid waste.