Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Welcome to the home of The Green Chemist

My goal for creating this blog is to share information on going green.

 

My inspiration stems from my experience while attending a Principles of Sustainable Living class at DePaul.  For many, going green conjures thoughts of global warming and reducing ones carbon footprint.  There is so much more that we need to do BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. 

 

We are destroying necessary ecosystems through over development, industrialization, and careless polluting of our soil and water supplies.  Through the use of every-day products we expose ourselves to a plethora of deadly chemicals.  These substances are poisoning the human race and slowly turning our soil and water toxic.

 

As I am newly aware of the danger, I have a need (or responsibility) to make changes in my lifestyle.  While the toxicity of our lifestyle may seem depressing, take heart, there are many things we can do to turn the tide.  With a little effort and ingenuity we can reduce the amount of unsafe materials to which we expose our environment and ourselves.  

As part of my journey, I will share recipes for environmentally friendly cleaners, safe health and beauty aids, and other products.  It is for this reason I call myself "THE GREEN CHEMIST."  In addition to the aforementioned recipes, I will provide links to various green resources that I discover along the way.  I hope you find this information useful and enlightening.

 

Please note: My choice of background is also green friendly. Black backgrounds use less energy.  See for yourself - http://www.blackle.com/about/

No comments: